The responsibilities of the Analyst for Capital Markets are:
1) Undertake financial modeling and analysis on excel and other proprietary systems that are introduced from time to time, upon the request of senior members of the department.
2) To assist the team on generating regional investment business in the sale and/or purchase of properties for the Department by a variety of methods, including but not limited to: telephone and letter canvassing, investigative legwork, market research, developing business contacts, advertising activities, scanning of media information, and effective follow-up of telephone enquiries and client databases.
3) To follow guidelines and carry out instructions from the Department Head, working as part of a cohesive team to identify business opportunities and generate business for the Company.
4) To service the needs of existing clients and to cultivate and secure repeat business and referrals for the Department and Company.
5) To take charge of the running of the marketing and business development functions of the Department as required to do so by the Director:
a) Direct support to retained corporate clients
b) Assist in cultivating client relationships
c) Coordinates flow of information between agents, clients and office staff
d) Preparation, updating and implementation of marketing tools and collaterals such as but not limited to:
power point and media presentations property specifications and floor plans marketing proposals and information memorandums project brochures and flyers newspaper advertisements and press releases
e) Assist in other research and marketing support activities and initiatives
f) Preparation of proposals, reports and other documents
g) Assistance in ensuing follow-up actions needed
h) Carrying out client inquiries when directed to do so i) Mailshot compilation and execution
j) Preparation of spreadsheets and data entry
6) To get involved in the marketing activities and branding exercises of the Department which includes organizing marketing programmes such as advertising and promotional activities, assisting with the production of marketing materials such as slide presentations, press releases, brochures and mailshots.
7) To assist in all special projects as delegated by the Senior Team Members in the execution of such projects.
8) To carry out any other duties as assigned by the Management from time to time.
As an Analyst, you are an important staff member in the Department. The job requires sound marketing and professional skills, organizational ability, a service aptitude, interpersonal skills, maturity, initiative and common sense. To perform successfully, you should have the following requirements:
• Degree holder is preferred. • Fluent spoken and written English and Mandarin. • Possess the essential coordination/administrative and information technology qualifications or skills necessary for successful job performance. You are expected to continually upgrade your skills to keep up with developments in these areas. • Excellent telephone manners and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to deal efficiently and politely with clients at all times. • Accurate financial modeling skills. • Excellent command of Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint.