At the BMW Group, everything starts with passion. It turns a profession into a vocation. It drives us to keep reinventing mobility and bring innovative ideas onto the roads. Enthusiasm for joint projects turns a team into a strong unit where every opinion is valued. It is only when expertise, highly professional processes and enjoyment of work unite that we can shape the future together.
This position is responsible for overall management of BMW products, from Strategic/Initial phase to normal product lifecycle stage (including product requirements, options, price, volume and business case). Preparation of documents (e.g. presentations / Excel) to drive China initiatives forward. Coordination and alignment with counterparts in BMW Headquarters and in BMW China, effectively managing the implementation of China product measures.
What awaits you?
- Planning and steering the product plan for BMW products.
- Cooperation with BBA/AG counterparts to successfully introduce BMW products in China
- Managing and coaching other team members within specific project scope
- Co-operation with sales operation team to make volume planning of BMW products
- Definition of future market specific product requirements for new product developments and initializing market specific product adaptations.
- Monitoring the segment development in China and competitors' movement to adapt product plan accordingly.
- Strategic market analysis and research as part of market development projects and long term product planning.
- Other tasks assigned by line manager
- Internal communication with:
China: Sales, Marketing, Corporate Communications, Training, Engineering, Strategy, Production, Aftersales.
Munich: Pricing and Volume, Product, Vehicle Project, Option Planning
- External communication with: Agencies for marketing research or product studies. Product presentations at events
Qualifications and experience:
-Bachelor degree in Automotive Engineering or Business Administration, MBA preferred
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Very good PC knowledge and presentation skills
- Good knowledge of market analysis and good sense of the automotive market
- Good product knowledge and high affinity for product related issues
- International orientation with ability to work in a cultural diverse environment
- High flexibility to work on multi task assignments & fast learning
- Long term commitment of career
- Strategic planning capability & critical thinking
- Sales & Marketing and/or Product Planning