Under general supervision, the Hardware Engineer is responsible for design, analysis, test, release and support of industrial variable frequency motor drives products, consistent with company and industry standards for quality, safety and reliability while optimizing cost and manufacturability. This position works closely with the regional and global design engineering team as part of a cross functional team and will be mainly involved in design activities.
• Be a technical individual to participate in a product engineering team in the design, analysis, modification, or enhancement of variable frequency motor drives. Work to meet cost, performance, and schedule requirements.
• Provide design specification, define the test requirement, and perform qualification test in support of product cost reduction program, strategic sourcing opportunities, product obsolescence replacements, manufacturing issues and any other product design changes
• Create electrical designs, schematics, layouts, and simulations for embedded control systems incorporating FPGAs, MCU, DSP, analog and digital signal processing, switch mode power supplies, and motor speed feedback devices.
• Perform root cause failure analysis, analyze complex malfunctioning electrical and electro-mechanical circuits or systems and satisfactorily design and test a solution for the malfunction.
• Guide and/or conduct testing to regulatory agency, internal standards, and international standards, (UL, NEMA, IEC, etc.).
• Work with other departments to engineer new and improved products, help develop alternative production processes and evaluate alternative materials. Be cognizant of company procedures, policies, and equipment, such as: Digital oscilloscopes/Logic analyzer, Surge/Fast Transient Tester, EMC receiver, LCR meters, Tachometers, Torque transducers, Power supplies, Plotters, Spectrum analyzers, Dynamometers, and Environmental Chambers.
• Applies knowledge of internal/external processes to develop and implement strategic work assignments. Writes reports, test plans, functional specifications, and other related or supporting levels of documentation.
• Provide accurate estimates of design time and schedule necessary to perform program tasks as required by program manager.
• Responds with urgency to customer needs as they apply to resolution of problems relating to technical product operation or customer issue.
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / WORK EXPERIENCE
• B.S. or M.S. in Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics or Embedded Systems
• 3+ years of experience in dealing with complex electrical circuits / embedded hardware and products for medium voltage or low voltage industrial variable frequency motor drives products. Strong ability in circuit and product system analysis or with some simulation experience.
• Good English skills - oral, reading and writing- is necessary.
• Familiar with high-speed circuit signal integration analysis and simulation tool is a plus.
• Knowledge of schematic entry and board layout tools such as Mentor Graphics DxDesigner and Mentor Graphics PADS is preferred.
• Experience in engineering document control and familiar with product documentation through the requirements of Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems or SAP is desired.
• Experience on drive control system simulation is a plus (tools e.g. Simplorer, Pspice or Matlab is a plus).
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 people serving customers in more than 80 countries.
Rockwell Automation entered into China market in 1988 and now has over 2,000 employees in China. We have built five training facilities, one research center, one software development center, three OEM centers and two manufacturing facilities.
Rockwell Automation’s integrated control and information platform has become the basis for the manufacturing sector to achieve Smart, Safe and Sustainable manufacturing. It helps manufacturers turn the vision of smart manufacturing into a reality and improve decision making and international competiveness by building “The Connected Enterprise”.
Rockwell Automation initiated the University Partnership Program in 1998, and has supported Chinese higher education consistently. We have established joint labs with 70+ leading China universities, donating a total amount of RMB 256 million worth of equipment, scholarships and teaching awards. Relevant financial and teaching assistance activities are still ongoing.