Perform testing of new Product lines for Industrial Inverters/Converters in a laboratory environment. Duties include creating test documentation and executing test procedures for analog, digital and various 3 phase power converter products. Supports development engineers and design personnel as required.
• Perform circuit / product testing, evaluating performance per specification.
• Maintain and learn new technological skills so that they may be appropriately applied in product test or to development processes
• Utilize and interpret the following test and development instrumentation: Digital oscilloscopes/Logic analyzer, Surge/Fast Transient Tester, EMC receiver, LCR meters, Tachometers, Torque transducers, Power supplies, Plotters, Spectrum analyzers, Dynamometers, and Environmental Chambers.
• Must understand and practice laboratory procedures for the safe and efficient use of electronic instrumentation, electrical power, rotating electrical machinery, and general laboratory cleanliness.
• Writes reports, test plans and other related or supporting levels of documentation.
• Assist others in the accomplishment of development programs, from evaluating design concepts through experimentation and prototype development including engineering documentation.
• Compose well written, legible, and accurate notes of experiments, including a summary on interpreting test results and recommendations.
• Ensures thorough familiarity with company policies and procedures. Appropriately applies policies and procedures in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures include, but not limited to : Standards of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property, Control Environment, Information Protection, ISO 9000 & 14001, government regulations (e.g. health, safety, quality and environmental), and functional policies published on the Rockwell Automation Information Network.
• Assist in solving customer problems, operating in concert with the assigned engineer.
• Utilizes computers for the purpose of collecting data and transferring files.
• Familiarity with business information systems for transfer of engineering data (SAP)
EDUCATIONAL QUALIFICATIONS / WORK EXPERIENCE
• B.S. or Associate degree in Electronic / Electrical Technology or equivalent.
• 3+ years of experience in testing of low voltage industrial variable frequency motor drives products or 3 phase power devices, such as UPS, inverter, converter.
• Electrical engineering lab environment management experience is a plus.
• Good English skills - oral, reading and writing- is a plus.
Rockwell Automation, Inc. (NYSE: ROK), the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation and information, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Headquartered in Milwaukee, Wis., Rockwell Automation employs approximately 23,000 people serving customers in more than 80 countries.
Rockwell Automation entered into China market in 1988 and now has over 2,000 employees in China. We have built five training facilities, one research center, one software development center, three OEM centers and two manufacturing facilities.
Rockwell Automation’s integrated control and information platform has become the basis for the manufacturing sector to achieve Smart, Safe and Sustainable manufacturing. It helps manufacturers turn the vision of smart manufacturing into a reality and improve decision making and international competiveness by building “The Connected Enterprise”.
Rockwell Automation initiated the University Partnership Program in 1998, and has supported Chinese higher education consistently. We have established joint labs with 70+ leading China universities, donating a total amount of RMB 256 million worth of equipment, scholarships and teaching awards. Relevant financial and teaching assistance activities are still ongoing.