1.0 The Role Lead the organization's IT Services department by planning and implementing IT policies, programs and practices and providing end user support to employees. Responsible for the set up, configuration management, and implementation of the School’s IT based systems, providing a helpdesk service for IT issues, and working with Academic IT to propose IT strategy and development.
The IT Manager reports directly to the Director of Finance and Operations, and manages the IT Department and staff according to the needs of the school.
2.0 Main Responsibilities
- Manage the IT support staff to ensure effective end-user support, support data capture, and reporting (helpdesk function).
- Insure that key systems are properly managed and that change control procedures are in place and followed.
- Implement and manage the configuration of core systems and end user devices.
- Represent the IT supply perspective and work with the representatives for IT demand, to propose IT strategy and planning to the Senior Leadership Team.
- Insure the IT assets are properly tagged, inventoried and managed.
- Oversee outsourced IT support and maintenance so that a full complement of IT services is available.
- Maintain a support team that enables effective and efficient IT operations.
- Serve as technical consultant, as requested, for IT related or enabled initiatives.
- Coordinate, with HR, continuing professional development plans for all IT staff.
- Conduct annual appraisals, employee coaching, and provide for training of other staff on core systems, as appropriate to their roles and responsibilities
- Serve as the procurement technical advisor for purchase of IT and other technologies, and coordinate with the Purchase Department to establish approved IT vendors, for products and services.
3.0 Skills and Qualities
• Familiarity with ITIL/ITSM • Bachelor’s degree or higher • Experienced in supporting a mixed devices environment (Apple, Intel, Microsoft, others) • Previous experience in an IT management role, preferably in a school • Experience in selection and implementation of IT systems • Must be a person of high integrity • Detail oriented and able to consistently maintain records and accumulate data from the IT processes, provide periodic reporting, and establish and maintain physical and logical systems maps • Understands and practices good customer service attitude • Proficiency in oral and written,English is very important
The Perse School, Cambridge（以下简称“The Perse”）由剑桥大学冈维尔凯斯学院（Gonville and Caius College）和剑桥大学三一学院（Trinity College）于1615年创办，建校历史超过400年。
The Perse 每年招收3至18岁的学生，办学成果优异。2017年的A-level（英国高考）成绩在公开排行榜上位居前列（泰晤士报和每日电讯报公开排行榜），在400多年悠久的学术历史中，The Perse为社会培养了很多优秀学子，众多杰出校友对英国社会及全世界做出了巨大的贡献。得益于剑桥大学优异的学术传统，并在教学团队的不懈努力下，学校在科学、技术、工程、数学领域都具有相当的实力和竞争力。仅在过去5年中，The Perse就有185名学生进入剑桥大学、牛津大学，相当于每年约有30%的毕业生获得剑桥大学、牛津大学的录取通知书。