Program Manager (NPI+MP)
The Program Manager, is primarily responsible for leading the New Product Introduction (NPI) projects from initial design to mass production stage and the sustaining manufacturing projects as well such as derivatives and packaging, etc.
1. Serves as the link between core teams from the Design phase of the project until the stabilization of Mass Production.
2. Follow NPD process to define and clarify the operation deliverable requirements with Product Manager and Technical Program Manager in the US, be responsible of work breakdown structure (WBS) into work package or task level, draft the schedule in ops and get agreement with multiple ops functions.
3. Lead the operational side of development builds during new product introductions for any assigned products. Drive day-to-day activities to meet overall program objectives.
4. Lead COMPANY team's new product introduction efforts during ramp within the Operations sphere. Specific goals include team leadership in driving issue resolution, supply chain design, schedule, cost, quality, availability and order cycle time goals.
5. Engage with OEM manufacturing partners to develop, ramp, and introduce products. Develop rapport with partners and detailed knowledge of "how the factory works," its capabilities and limitations.
6. Lead matrix team members from across all functions in Asia within Operations to develop new product plans. Typical functions include Planning, Supply Chain Managers, Technical Program Manager, Quality, Supplier Quality Engineer, Design for Manufacturing.
7. Represent operations with the product design teams. Use production expertise to influence and negotiate for DFX, supply chain, testability and product features.
8. Identify, marshal and organize resources (COMPANY Staff, OEM Staff, Contractors, etc) to meet required goals.
9. Communicate project status updates to various project stakeholders, including team members and executives within COMPANY and OEMs. Synthesize a multitude of issues into a clear, concise and focused message.
10. Manage and lead the factory readiness for all NPI builds with OEM manufacturing partners and COMPANY cross-functional teams. Ensure all the line space, layout, equipment/fixture, facility and human resources requirements in OEM factory to support each NPI build are clearly defined and ready to support each build.
11. Collect all documentation on the program to secure efficient handover when mass production is mature and stable with optimized yield.
12. Always push the edge of innovation and excellence in COMPANY products and program management practices.
13. Support key product lines in mass production and manage the successful launch of derivatives and any other projects in relation to sustaining manufacturing such as packaging. Travel to another location on other products on an as-needed basis to drive issue resolution and/or support build/ramp activities.
1. Experience with high volume, consumer goods manufacturing technologies (preferred) in the areas of design, process, commodity cost, factory cost, supply and quality management particularly with experience in color matching and packaging projects.
2. Proactive, superb project management skills (from initial design to mass production) from and exhibit excellent problem- solving capabilities.
3. Track record of achieving significant results on complex projects in an often ambiguous and always fast changing environment.
4. Proven leadership in driving solutions to challenges.
5. Incredible drive, motivation, and energy to complete any challenge given.
6. Strong analytical capabilities coupled with good business savvy.
7. Strong communication skills (in both Mandarin Chinese & English) - verbal, written and executive presentations.
8. Proficiency in using Microsoft Project or Excel.
9. Exceptional ability to build relationships, build cross-functional teams and exert effective influence in a matrix organization to resolve conflict and drive consensus.
10. Ability to think strategically, while driving tactical program execution.
11. Attention to detail without becoming lost in the details.
12, Operate in an ambiguous environment, taking charge in the absence of leadership.
13. Based in Shanghai/Shenzhen area.
Education & Experience
1, BS/BA degree in Mechanical, EE, Industrial Engineering. Master/MBA is preferred
2. A minimum of 8-10 years ops experience, process engineers and quality management background and experience, preferably in a consumer goods or home appliance industry.